Wednesday

 - SCOTUS unanimously stated states do NOT have Constitutional authority to prohibit national candidates.  The thing that amazes me is it took a SCOTUS ruling to realize the insanely obvious

- Just read that before the invention of crowbars, crows had to stay at home to drink

- I for one abhor the idea that yet again, presidential election essentially rely on how 5-7 states vote. It’s as if the people in the other 45 or so states might as well not even bother.

- No…we didn’t watch SOTU, nor were even aware of its presence until well over. All those things piss me off, and I really don’t appreciate parading around certain individuals.  It’s been a dog and pony show for most of my life. 

- Speaking of which…Biden announced he was capping credit card late fees at $8.  That’s really making a very real and significant impact [/sarcasm]… but…that doesn’t do one damn thing for those paying their card bills on time, or those (of us) that don’t have such things.  When I did have a card and was “late” for whatever reason, the late charges did impact me pretty hard.  So I did what I thought was responsible-paid the damn things off faster than humanly possible, and refuse to have another one. 

Besides, I’m not sure how any government official has the authority to magically waive agreed to debts…oh, wait, student loans. Never mind

- Many years ago I was appalled at Google for their lack of information security, sharing information, and just because, switching everything to Mac products (computers, phones, etc). Since then it seems Google has seemingly become an unimaginably vast entity. After the IMO morally corrupt release of the AI system that would not allow depictions of any white people, I started wondering how much social engineering manipulation has gone into systems relied on by, well, everything. Google classrooms, Google docs, maps, financial software, you name it…defense systems…search engines…telecommunications… home security…the list is basically endless.

Apple not much better, but at least their softwares work as intended. Facebook also. Microsoft.  In my view these entities are more powerful than any government. It’s at best disconcerting, at worst it’s terrifying.

Yes, I understand my apparent hypocrisy in using a a Google based platform from which to blog. Yes, some algorithm somewhere flagged my thoughts more than once as inappropriate.  Which basically leads me to the inevitability of dropping a carrier, and posting my musings in raw form on Facebook or whatever until I just do do them anymore. My livelihood doesn’t depend on these things, never once having received a shiny penny.

Quoting my own song title: it was fun while it lasted, it’s just lasted way too long. Thanks for reading these things



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but moderated. If you want to argue, go elsewhere. If you’d like to comment, please do!

Wednesday

 - SCOTUS unanimously stated states do NOT have Constitutional authority to prohibit national candidates.  The thing that amazes me is it to...