Tuesday…21 March

 - Busy week…3 gigs this week, all before Saturday.  

- Here’s a thought…if one makes money for being an activist, their activism isn’t a cause…it’s a job.

- Fun show to watch is ‘Saving Grace’ starring Holly Hunter.  In a nutshell, you ain’t lived a proper life unless you’ve encountered a redneck chick like this.

- Some years back, Deb and I would visit my folks in San Antonio. They always had their house, then their condo, then their small apartment what we thought was way too warm.  Now, Deb and I are doing the same thing, keeping our home warmer than ever.  Another one of the quirks of aging I guess.

- Until recently I never knew the differences between bourbon and whiskey.  I like the both, but thought the tastes were just different brands, not different brewing and such.  That said, I’ve never tasted a scotch that I thought was any good for anything except as a liquid ashtray.

- Dear TV: when you find it necessary to kill a character’s pet dog or cat, I find it necessary to stop watching your damn show…if you kill someone’s horse, I’ll find it necessary to stop watching your network. Kill all the people you want, but leave the critters alone

- It’s a very simple question: why won’t the US government use the military to defend American citizens and property, but have no qualms about using the military to defend other nations?  The notions of military action vs law enforcement, the nondescript ‘international law,’  etc, are political terms, not binding legal precedents.  Protect OUR nation, not someone else’s. 

- Occasionally you see a TV show or movie during which giant fans are set up to simulate a tornado/severe storm. When I see this in a western or ranch type show, I always wonder if the horses are thinking ‘these damn fools…all they have to do is turn off the fans and the bad weather stops.’

- Need another reason to carry a pistol? Bank jugging.

- I’m not really afraid of the pitfalls of aging…I am, however, somewhat annoyed at the timing of these things.  I got stuff to do, stuff that just doesn’t revolve around Father Time’s schedule

- Not sure how true this is…but I’ve read about a baseball game played in the very late 1800s in which all the bats from both teams were broken.  The next and last batter grabbed an axe, and not only made contact with the pitcher ball, but split the ball in two.  Story says half of the ball went over the fence. The play was ruled half a home run, and the batting team won 2.5 to 2.  Great story, even if…embellished 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but moderated. If you want to argue, go elsewhere. If you’d like to comment, please do!

Wednesday

 - SCOTUS unanimously stated states do NOT have Constitutional authority to prohibit national candidates.  The thing that amazes me is it to...