Wednesday

 - Occasionally I wonder if today’s “country” artists and fans know anything at all about their genre’s predecessors and history. Do they know about Hank Williams, Buck Owens, Ray Price, et al?  Are they aware that people just didn’t wear baseball caps backwards? Have they any clue Waylon Jennings and a few others paved the road for them, and are still THE gold standard? Have they ever thought guys like Johnny Paycheck and Gary Stewart lived the lives they sang and wrote about? 

- Idea: any elected or high level appointed person receiving government paychecks should have their finances open to audit as a matter of routine. In many states, there is an implied consent to submit to a breathalyzer when suspicion of intoxicated driving is germaine to behaviors, the same implied consent to financial irregularities should also be mandated…and refusal should be basically admission of guilt. This policy alone would likely prevent the like of Biden, Pelosi, Fauci, you name it, from becoming multi millionaires off our seed money.

- Someone cloned my wife’s Facebook account…when I posted that info on my account, no less than 6 people I don’t know, never heard of, and have no connection with anyone I know posted they could help get her back online.  Getting REAL close to saying the hell with social media altogether. 

- I don’t understand how people lost in eerie woods, in outer space, wherever, don’t hear the spooky music.  If that were me, when I heard the weird ominous stuff, Dueling Banjos, or whatnot, I’m turning around

- I don’t deal with drama well, and tend to avoid it. When it comes my way, I ask 3 questions: how much of this even concerns me; how much of this is real vs how much is bloviated bullshit; how much of this was avoidable?  

- I have given up on my last regular job…being a male stripper. Things that are supposed to move don’t anymore, and things that shouldn’t move do so, to excess

- For a while, reports of UFOs were nearly a daily occurrence, now they are pretty scarce. So what happened-did media find those stories weren’t the distractions they were meant to be?  Have we become so used to those reports they aren’t headlines anymore?  My guess is whatever extraterrestrial life was visiting, they saw how idiotic our species is, and just moved on to someplace worth their trouble.

- There are approximately 1.34 million lawyers in the US…there are approximately 1.33 million total active duty military…approximately 16.5 million veterans, mostly over 70…there are (debated) over 70,000 pages of US tax law and regulations…there are about 14 million people in the US over 65…there are only 12 basic notes but somewhere around 4000 guitar chords

- Movies then: Giant…Bridge over the River Kwai…Maltese Falcon. Movies now: Barbie…and they wonder why people don’t go to cinemas anymore 

- Seems these days all intelligence is artificial, all stupidity is naturally occurring 

- The federal government is proud of its refusal to enforce constitutionally mandated border law…Texas does something to defend itself, and is now being sued by the feds.  I’m thinking when Texas doesn’t remove the buoys in the river, the feds will militarily intervene…all because a handful of mindless twats won’t do their job

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but moderated. If you want to argue, go elsewhere. If you’d like to comment, please do!

Wednesday

 - SCOTUS unanimously stated states do NOT have Constitutional authority to prohibit national candidates.  The thing that amazes me is it to...