Friday? Sure, Why Not

 - It sure seems the ratio of legitimate people to scamming sonsabitches on the internet is about 50-50.  Every day I wonder how long I’ll put up with it, and when I’ll just say I’m gone from it. I do believe the world was a better place when folks would get up, dressed, and go someplace to socialize face to face. 

- And while I’m at it, just might treat the cellphone like a home landline, in that when I leave, it stays behind. The only people that make attempts to actually talk are scammers anyway.  Movies and TV always show folks who don’t want to be traced but still have communication using burner/prepaid phones, might look into those (do they still sell these?) The only people people who actually want to chitchat are the ones I don’t want to talk to, and the ones I want to chit chat with , well, you get the idea 

- Remember when AIDS was going to cull our population? SARS? 60 years worth of ‘we have 10 years left as a species because of global warming/cooling/change?’ How about the variety of Bird Flu scares? Now Covid…

If anything obliterates our species, it will be crime, terrorism, war, and drug dependency…you know, self inflicted.

- Maybe Im starting to measure my inevitable progression to crabby crusty bitter curmudgeon by checking my list of people who I want to drop off the face of the earth, completely under peaceful terms of course.

- But then I cheer up by reading 30 minutes of dog shaming posts

- Congratulations to the Texas Rangers, World Series champs.  

- Having run out of other stuff, the American Ornithological Society announced it will be changing names of birds named after humans and anything else it deems offensive. I guess that’s the end of having animals named after people who discovered and cataloged them.  To me, this is just beyond stupid.

- I take that back…even more stupid than that is a movement by some people to introduce trans-species as an acceptable thing. If a guy insists on being treated like a dog, I’ll beat its ass with a newspaper and keep it off the furniture.

- Here’s an idea: when an illegal commits a felony or Capital offense in the US, tally up the costs, all costs, and deduct it from the foreign aid given to whatever nation the crook originated.  Costs to be repaid include ALL funds needed to apprehend, incarcerate, feed, house, etc the criminal…reimbursement to victims…damage to private, local, and state infrastructures…recouping any and all benefits said criminal was gifted including medical…in other words, if (example) Guatemala won’t control their criminals, they’ll pay for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but moderated. If you want to argue, go elsewhere. If you’d like to comment, please do!

Wednesday

 - SCOTUS unanimously stated states do NOT have Constitutional authority to prohibit national candidates.  The thing that amazes me is it to...