Thursday…

 - Just an opinion…but ‘Union’ ‘representatives’ should not be making 4-5 times more money than those they claim to represent.

- Do homeschooled kids need a note from someone if they are absent? Does anyone anymore?

- I’ve been told I’m the total package…a package that tragically got all screwed up during shipping and handling 

- I’m surprised the Supreme Court decided it was ok again for feds to cut state installed barbed wire at the Texas border. The feds don’t care who enters the nation as required by the constitution, and have basically surrendered the right to control *any* aspect of border security…but fighting FOR illegals to break federal law and enter the country at will seems at the very least willful neglect of constitutional duty, sworn to by ALL federal employees. I could not nor would not take willful steps in aiding and abetting federal crime.

That said…I seriously wonder when the dipshit in the White House a) will activate all members of the Texas national guard, and then order them to remove the razor fences they just put up, bypassing the state governor altogether, and b) order in a different state’s NG to take whatever means necessary to stop Texas from enforcing constitutional mandates.  Right now I call it even money.

- CBS political reporter Katherine Watson posted online the other day that in order to save the planet, humans must become extinct. Yes, an adult telling us what the political news is wants our species dead and gone. To this, I say ‘lead by example.’ 

- Saw a meme intending to be funny, but the concept warrants consideration. ‘Student debt cancelled = college diploma cancelled.’  If student debts are erased, then the benefits should also be erased…as in if your mortgage is forgiven, you get evicted…as in if student debt is waived, then the forgiven amount should be considered taxable income…it’s only fair to the millions of us who paid theirs off. I’m told a portion of negotiated debt relief is taxable, so …

- If in the complete impossibility that I would be encouraged (with an or else attached) to report back for active duty service, I’d be screwed.  Why you ask? Because they’ve changed the names of so many army bases, I’d have no idea where I was supposed to go. I imagine some pentagon types are now looking for a whole new way of screwing up history.

- Ever just sit someplace and watch people? It's more entertaining now than ever before.  But then I start wondering if they are happy in their worlds, realize only they can decide if they are or not.  When I was young, people my age were generally content but will to live within their means.  These days, not so much, and I'd hazard a guess that the 20-45 crowd is significantly less content in the world, even though they have significantly more than I did at that age. 

- The state of Kentucky has 22,000 civilian federal employees, excluding FBI, DEA, Secret Service)…at the time this info was published last week, there were a shade over 16,000 border patrol agents on the border. Louisiana had reportedly 28,000 bureaucrats.  Somehow, this seems upside down 

- I have to be very careful and wary whenever bad news strikes. It’s real easy for me shift from ‘well, that sucks’ to a degree of hopelessness and feelings of futility when negatively charges news affects me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but moderated. If you want to argue, go elsewhere. If you’d like to comment, please do!

Wednesday

 - SCOTUS unanimously stated states do NOT have Constitutional authority to prohibit national candidates.  The thing that amazes me is it to...