Monday, Yes Monday Again

 - The US military needs flag officer leadership like Patton, Nimitz, Eisenhower… not the political Play-Doh characters currently assigned.  Kill the enemy, win wars, and incapacitate them from becoming a threat for decades, not environmental and social causes while weakening military strength 

- The state of Washington just passed a bill that allows runaway kids to have sex change and/or enhancements without notifying the parents…of anything. How is this NOT harboring a runaway underage person, facilitation of mutilations, and refusing to notify legal parents/guardians?  Just me, but if my (nonexistent) child ran away, ended up in Seattle, underwent a sex change, and no one bothered to pick up the phone to call me…a 12ga shotgun would be employed on a whole shitload of people.

- Friday had a bad start.  Over the past year our oldest cat, mother to the other hooligans here, had developed cancer. It got so bad she went into either a seizure or a stroke Thursday while I was a gig, so Friday morning took her to the vet to begin her rainbow journey. Sunburst was a kind soul, and she will be missed.

- On that unpleasant topic…I know all life ends up the exact same way. I know the cycle is etched in stone. What I don’t know is how our Creator allows suffering.  If I could have one prayer answered, it would be all of God’s creatures could end their lifespans quietly, peacefully, without pain and suffering.  Although there may be a reason for people to have to endure, I certainly do not see nor understand it.

- What ever happened to ‘loose lips sink ships?’  Seems an unsustainable model when a dweeb in the Air Force national guard even has access, much less an inclination to publish, classified documents?  When I was privy to such documents I was under the idea that if I talked about any of them, I’d rot in jail for 3 lifetimes, plus having the irreversible shame of having betrayed my nation and fellow soldiers.  

- ‘Drivers’ in the Permian Basin are a difficult lot.  On streets where the speed limit in 45, they drive 20…on streets where the limit is 30, they drive 60.  Either way, a trip that used to take 10 minutes now takes anywhere from 25 to 55 minutes…and did I mention the price of gas is $.30 higher than anywhere in west Texas?  

- If an alien race, 50,000 years ahead of us in evolution and technology, approached me to go with them to their home planet, I’d damn sure go…if I could take Deb and one Martin guitar.  Otherwise, no deal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but moderated. If you want to argue, go elsewhere. If you’d like to comment, please do!

Wednesday

 - SCOTUS unanimously stated states do NOT have Constitutional authority to prohibit national candidates.  The thing that amazes me is it to...