Wednesday…Thoughts, Musings, Shenanigans

 - I don’t do any studio recording projects anymore (save for close friends, Gary Nix West! Texas, and myself).  I think one particular reason was/is my nearly dogmatic approach to avoiding technological advances like keeping a tempo perfect, auto tune and pitch correction…plus many of the things that highlight the engineer’s ability to cut and paste instead of outstanding performances. I don’t use anything except computers to work anymore, but that’s by necessity of room rather than choice. In my mind, we’ve lost the magic of music, now just marvel at the technology 

- Lately I’ve seen an dramatic increase in the number of people wearing Covid masks.  Wonder why…do they have any insider info the rest of us don’t (unlikely)…has there been a dramatic uptick in Covid cases in this area (unlikely)…or are they wearing masks because of the amazing uptick in our open breathing air ? (This is my guess)

- From what I can tell, atheism is actually a religion. Kind of silly, huh, preaching that there is no God.  It’s a belief, just like Christianity, Hindu, Muslim, whatever. 

- In a very telling report, last year saw Americans spending more money on legal marijuana than they did on beer or chocolate.  This is interesting as beer and chocolate are perfectly legal everywhere but marijuana isn’t; only in 38 states can one legally buy or consume pot.  Even more noteworthy is tobacco sales outpaced everything (again)

- Basically, all clothing today is a type of uniform, but depicting a person’s life mannerisms and traits more than their job.  Sagging jeans and a wife beater t shirt indicate a type of person, as do freshly ironed Wrangler jeans and button down shirt indicate a type of person.  Pajama pants and vastly oversized sweatshirt in public indicate a type of person, as do sideways ball caps and some rapper on a t shirt (on a 60 yr old man) indicate a type of person. A 3 sizes too small miniskirt and halter top on a 200 lb man indicate a type of person, as do, well you get the idea.

Point? Just be aware that even in 2023, clothes make the man or woman. Choose wisely, as your clothing choices have a direct impact on how others will treat you. (Heaven help me, this is my dad talking to me 55 years ago)

- Occasionally one of us at home will look at the other and say ‘Bluchah!” to the other, in a nod to one of the greatest movies ever, Young Frankenstein. Other such outburst include lines from Blazing Saddles, The Fifth Element, several hundred Star Trek variations, and Gone With The Wind

- A recent NBC ‘news’ ‘poll’ showed a paltry 41% of Americans approve of joe biden and his job performance. I’m skeptical to say the least. As yet I haven’t encountered a single soul who believes he’s done *anything* other than destroy our nation’s structure in record time, making a lot of money along the way

- I’m somewhat confused about TV ads hawking jobs in law enforcement.  New Mexico State police and Texas Dept of Corrections have both been heavily advertising on Sling TV, during hours in which pretty much the only watchers are retirees or those not qualified for such work.

- So, major shakeups in cable news stations…Tucker Carlson (Fox) and Darling Don Lemon (CNN) both out of a job.  I’m thinking Carlson will get a decent gig pretty fast, as he had one of the top programs regardless of format in the country. Lemon on the other hand better get used to asking if people want to supersize their order

- Somehow I found myself in an online discussion about artificial intelligence, and stated my position that AI is not necessary in order to advance our species, as returning to education, eliminating war like mentality, etc are not required to advance our species. Sadly, I don’t believe mankind can do this until a species wide awakening occurs, and I just ain’t seeing it happening 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but moderated. If you want to argue, go elsewhere. If you’d like to comment, please do!

Wednesday

 - SCOTUS unanimously stated states do NOT have Constitutional authority to prohibit national candidates.  The thing that amazes me is it to...