Wednesday Running Amok

 - Wall St Journal featured an article Saturday blaming the current military recruiting crisis on…wait for it…veterans. Seems we are not encouraging military aged youth to enlist. Well, duh. I haven’t recommended the military for anyone since the 80s, when I was on army recruiting status.  Perhaps if the military did nor force woke warrior crap every day, the possibility of being simply abandoned, being equipped with electric battlefield vehicles, and so forth.

- If one believes movies and TV, Toyota should be deemed a terrorist supporter as 95% of vehicles driven by middle eastern and South American bad guys are Toyota pickups

- Slowly, I’m starting to learn the lesson that I just should not respond to ‘I dunno, what do you think?’ On the exact same statistical curve is a matching inverse of the frequency of how many times the question is asked of me.  

- Finally watched the movie American Sniper. Fantastic film, had no idea it was a Clint Eastwood project until the credit roll. This is the epitome of a “why didn’t I see this sooner.” movie

- Electricity is a weird thing. The only commodity I can think of that has no large scale storage capability, a naturally occurring energy source that’s fairly expensive to use with at least a half million different ways to access, all of which have the same result. Exactly every electrical device undergoes countless transformations before it can be used, from 3 volt DC wall wart transformers to 880V AC transmission lines. Any malfunction will result in things not working. Yet, electricity is being mandated as the only acceptable source of energy for humankind 

Which is perplexing since no one knows EXACTLY how it all works

- Deb had her second cataract surgery yesterday…even though the cataract was as tough as a boot heel she came through it like a champ. Now she can *clearly* see what a shmuck she’s been married to for near 30 yrs

- Ya just know it’s going to be a crap week when the VA calls to inform me the doctor I’ve been seeing for many years is leaving the veterans health system, being replaced by someone I don’t know, likely a temporary fill in from some major center. 

- I was told I’m a guy who lights up the room…as soon as I leave it.

- We know there is shortbread…is there tall bread? Something that is virtually impossible only impossible in a digital realm? Why do Chinese food and dog food have completely different meanings?  How can someone be sort of pregnant? Why are no birds involved when someone flips one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but moderated. If you want to argue, go elsewhere. If you’d like to comment, please do!

Wednesday

 - SCOTUS unanimously stated states do NOT have Constitutional authority to prohibit national candidates.  The thing that amazes me is it to...