Fri Day, but A Day Early

 - Today’s Friday edition is coming out on Thursday…gig schedule

- The band played some indoor things recently, while the temps outside dropped below 100.  Now that temps are back over 100, of course we are outdoors. Not sure if coincidence, correlational, or causative, but the trend is there nonetheless.

- Memory is a fickle thing. More and more I can’t remember what I was supposed to do or why I walked into a room, yet I vividly recall sitting in a secluded cove on Gatún Lake in Panama smoking a cigarette (among other things) in 1968. I remember what I did and said in 1973 but not what I did and said 2 hours ago. I recall with relative ease longs I played in 1988 but can’t remember what key songs I’m playing this week are in.

- The number 1 contemporary Christian song in the nation was sung by a drag queen. This speaks volumes, but I don’t know about what

- Today’s wisdom: you won’t have any disputes with neighbors if you live far enough away from them.

- My phone is always on ‘reject unknown caller’ mode…Deb however doesn’t have that luxury at the moment. Anyway she took a call from some dipshit scammers saying she owed the IRS several thousand $ in back taxes. After said caller could not as much give the name to who he was calling, she responded with ‘just come on down here and try to collect it. The only thing you’ll get is to kiss my white hairy ass.’ She kept on him until he hung up.

God do I adore this girl.

- Seen: some young child called me an old fart at Home Depot. Tell his parents he’s in a red LG dryer on aisle 17.

- Been scratching off a lot of things from my to-do list. I didn’t do them, and realized I never will, so they are gone

- The problem isn’t that we all have different opinions. The problem is we tend to think people who disagree with us are morally and intellectually inferior. I’m guilty as hell in this, but trying to at least understand motivations for opinions other than my own. The trouble starts when people get rich and/or power by stating their positions while living mine off camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but moderated. If you want to argue, go elsewhere. If you’d like to comment, please do!

Wednesday

 - SCOTUS unanimously stated states do NOT have Constitutional authority to prohibit national candidates.  The thing that amazes me is it to...