Wednesday’s Wonderful Weirdness

 - The worst advice I ever got from anyone was “be yourself.”  Tried that, just didn’t work out for me or anybody else.

- I wonder if there’s any divine intervention in Southern California seeing earthquakes AND a rare pacific hurricane at the same time…if there is, then we all should start rethinking some societal and personal choices, doncha think.

- I can’t wait til late September so we can all quit bitching about the heat, but haven’t started bitching about the cold yet

- Been answering obvious spam calls lately with “Fraud Department.” They *immediately* hang up unless artificial intelligence which keep going and going.  

- Just read that Dolly Parton has recorded (for November release) the Beatles song Let It Be…I first thought this was stupid…until read that Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr played, sang, and greatly contributed on the song, Peter Frampton as well. This might be worth a listen after all. 

Of course as with most things, my opinion is just that: my opinion. It can be said with rock solid certainty that Dolly is more of an expert that I, and has sold more more records this very day than I will in my lifetime, so take my thoughts with 1/10,000th of a grain of salt

- I do cogitate about things, such as

     * how much oil pulled from Texas ends up in places full of people we don’t like, and don’t like us? Why do we keep doing that!

     * how is it possible to sell ‘food’ grown/created in China when the stuff has to be shipped here?

     * why are almost all acts of criminally bent flash mobs almost all blacks, when almost all single shooters white? Why are prisons mostly full of Hispanics then? Why do laws actively discourage anyone from protecting their own lives and property?

     * how many Beltway bureaucrats actually work an 8 hour shift 5 days a week? Same question for any state capital.  And why is nearly impossible to fire a federal bureaucrat?

     * progress is slow..upheaval is fast. Nothing worth a tinker’s damn ever resulted in upheaval, as people seem to pay the price in lives and societal longevity. 

     * thinking about things I simply have no remotely possible chance of making an impact is a the epitome of wasting time. The ONLY real change I can hope to achieve is for myself and my immediate families.

     * if petroleum is in fact fossil fuel, then doesn’t it stand to reason the mountains and mountains of organic garbage we produce daily will become petroleum in a relatively foreseeable time? What scientific evidence suggests that fossil fuels must be from living or recently deceased life? How much organic matter does it take to create a barrel of oil, how long must it have been dead? Maybe we should do away with coffins to help replenish the petroleum supply…One more…

- We’ve forgotten how to think as a species. For example, if I state *my opinion* regarding (example only) Chinese flu, an opinion based on current information, someone will scream I’m lying. Right there is the big difference! Opponents are not always right, opponents are not always wrong. People aren’t opponents just because they interpret information to differing conclusions.

An untruth or partial truth is not incidental, it is done with purpose, a specific desired result. 

- Barely 2:30PM Monday…Alpine HS evacuated because of a (seemingly) false bomb threat, Permian HS under police control from someone on campus being armed.  Apparently both were hoaxes. Just for the record, the people doing these things just suck

- When I was 15 or so, my dad starting asking why I couldn’t be like other fellas my age, getting involved in sports, cars, etc.  I was already firmly embedded as an aspiring musician.  This went on until I moved out on my own, and several years thereafter.  When he saw me struggling with reality and such, especially after returning from serving in Germany, he discretely started asking me when I was going to return to music, as it was the 1) only thing I was ever any good at, and 2) the only thing that really ever made me happy. 

- Good tip from our HVAC guy: do NOT skimp on AC filters.  Buy the good stuff, not the $.90 things at the grocery. There’s a lot of science behind the workings of a closed loop system, almost all of which relies on the closed loop pressure in the system.  The cost of a 12 pack of top quality filters is still cheaper than one service call.

- The dementia patient occupying the White House told Maui residents of how a small fire in his home nearly damaged his Corvette and maybe his pet cat at the time…instead of trying to give comfort and aide to the hundreds of thousands of lost lives and/or everything they own. There was no mention of the $700 one time payment compared to the thousands received by so called immigrants each month. 

- Happy Birthday, mom.  Hope by now I developed into who you always wanted me to be.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but moderated. If you want to argue, go elsewhere. If you’d like to comment, please do!

Wednesday

 - SCOTUS unanimously stated states do NOT have Constitutional authority to prohibit national candidates.  The thing that amazes me is it to...